20120721

Boracay 2012 - Prelude

Finally after three years I'm coming back to this Island....... BORACAY! I'm excited for this trip (I'm always excited on my trips anyways), way back 2009 we were only two when we explore this island, this time I'm gonna be with my friends and their families (mom, aunt, sister). This is gonna be fun fun fun (I really hope so) and I'm wishing for a good weather! Let the sunshine be with us! ^_^



Planning this trip is kinda hard for me because I don't see some of them that often, I just send them updates thru emails or sms. We are total of 11 in a group, the sharing would be cheap for us and the fact that it's low season!

TICKETS

We booked our tickets last year, PISO fare promo ticket of AIRPHIL Express that only cost 600+php. Our flight was moved earlier, same with the return flight. Good thing that it was moved, because I booked another return flight for this trip and now I can refund it and just gonna use the later tix.


ACCOMMODATION

My first choice is TAN's Guesthouse but it's kinda pricey, we are in a tight budget despite of our big group ^_^, well it's okay for me I'm not really that choosy as long as we can sleep safe and sound it's fine. So "NO" for TAN's GH, next is Cez Manor Resort that was recommended from a colleague of mine, one of the cheapest rate and allows 5 or more in a quad room. I had my conversation with Ms. Mavic (Owner of Cez Manor), she says that the room is available on that day, she send me an email quotation of the room and she also send her bank #. But then after a couple of days, I called again , I wasn't able to contact first Ms. Mavic thru her mobile phone, so I directly called their landline number, I was confirming again our booking reservation but then this receptionist told me that thier resort is under renovation and they will just book us on their neighborhood resort. I'm about to deposit money that day, but of course I want to talk to them again about the reservation, I was surprised that their resort now is under renovation!!! I contact again Ms. Mavic, this time I was able to speak with her, so she confirm that their resort is under renovation and yes they will just book us on Villa Sunset, she says that she knows the owner. But she also added that the price is the same but might charge us additional fees for the extra person/s on the room. About the reservation deposit, she says that I still need to deposit the money on her account 'coz she will book for us. Now I doubt her, so I decided to look for another resort, there are lots of resort/accommodation in Boracay. Browsing the net and what cross my mind is Boracay Courtyard, they offer cheap rooms too suited for our tight budget ^_^ We only have one week to prepare, so I immediately contact Boracay courtyard and reserved for the room.

We got a quad room for 1,150 per night with complimentary breakfast for 2 pax. Though there are some bad reviews on Boracay Courtyard, I still decide to book a room here, well we only need a room to sleep and enjoy the beach! Hoping that we wouldn't encounter any problems here. (crossing my fingers)

WATER ACTIVITIES

Thanks to my GTers for posting Kuya Ron's contact number, they say he has the cheapest rate for water activities in Boracay! We will only have two activities for this trip, one is Reef Walking or Helmet Diving and then Island Hopping. Kuya Ron's rate for Reef Walking is 250php per head, for Island Hopping he suggested us to rent the 1,800php boat for 3 hours, the boat is good for 18pax. It's low season so the prices are cheaper. I wanted to try Zorb too, maybe we will when we get there, I will try to convince them, if we still have time ^_^ Zorb is also 250php per head.

ITINERARY

I once said that itinerary for Boracay is not necessary, but I have to make one for my colleagues, this itinerary also includes on how to get to Boracay Island from Kalibo ^_^

Day 1 - July 29 (SUNDAY)

NAIA 3 at 6:20am

NAIA 3 ETD – 8:20am
Arrival at KALIBO Airport around 9:20am
Take the VAN from Kalibo to Caticlan (200each), travel time: 2 hours
From Cagban Port, take the boat to reach Boracay Island, you need to pay for terminal fee (100 each), Environmental fee(75each) and the boat fee (30 each).
After the boat ride, you need to take the tricycle to reach Station 2. (100php fee for the tryke)

ETA at Boracay Island 12noon
Check in at Boracay Courtyard located at Station 2
*Dinner

Day 2 – July 30
Water activities
10am – Reef Walking
*Lunch
1pm – Island Hopping for 3 hours
*Dinner

Day 3 – July 31  (I will be leaving on this day, our flight is 7:50pm MNL-KAL)

Beach hopping (Station 1 to 3)
Lunch
Dinner/Buy Pasalubongs

Day 4 – Aug 1
Check out Boracay Courtyard
Will leave Boracay Island at 6am
Tryke to Cagban Port, then boat to Caticlan
Then take the van to KALIBO Airport(2 hours)
Must be at Kalibo airport at 8am
ETD at Kalibo airport 9:50am via AIR PHIL
10:50am – NAIA 3


BUDGET

For this Boracay Budget/Expenses we will only spend less than 4,000php, in my own opinion traveling within the Philippines should only cost less than 5,000php. So here is the estimated budget expenses for this trip.


Boracay Expenses (MINE)
Terminal fee (NAIA 3)
200
BUS/VAN (roundtrip)
400
Terminal fee (cagban port)
100
Environmental fee
75
boat fee (roundtrip)
60
Tryke from port to Boracay Island
50
(roundtrip 200) by 4 pax
Terminal fee (Kalibo Airport)
40
Boracay Courtyard
2 nights
700
Water Activities
Reef Walking
250
island Hopping
165
**food
**pasalubongs
Total
2040


**food and pasalubongs are not yet included, probably spend 1,000php for food and 500php for pasalubongs.

One week from now we are off to BORACAY! EXCITED MUCH!!! I just hope that the weather will be as great as summer days! ^_^

8 comments:

  1. WOW, i wud love to visit boracay too:)
    Followed you by the way, hope you visit my blog too
    http://leahfatandfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Can you post the contact number of Ron? Thanks in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boracay is really amazing! You had a great blog by the way. The last time we went there we stayed at boracay garden and we had the time of our life there with my girlfriend. The beach is so nice and the people are friendly. It's a once in a lifetime experience for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog, followed you sis!

    superbratinella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete