20140904

How to Apply for Japan Visa for Filipinos

A few months ago news has been circulating regarding Japanese Visa to be lifted for the nationals of the Philippines, however this is not TRUE! On the other hand, Japan relaxes visa requirements for Filipinos, which is partly good news! (I guess so).

The embassy said requirements will be liberalized for Filipinos applying for multiple-entry visa, as well as those applying for single-entry tourist visas.

"For nationals of the Philippines, multiple-entry visa requirements will be substantially relaxed, and requirements for single-entry tourism visas will be relaxed to a quasi-exemption-equivalent level when applied via specified travel agencies," the embassy said.

For me I think this isn't bad, Japan is one of my dream destination and getting visa is one that worries me. For years of lurking and reading forums/blogs about getting Japanese visa, I was really afraid to get one. With the said news about Japanese visa relaxation for Filipinos, I finally take the risk and to my surprise it is not hard to get a Japanese Visa!

Single Entry Visa


Japan Embassy does not accept walk in applicants for visa processing, only accredited travel agencies accept visa application. Refer to this link for the list of accredited agencies: click here.

Japanese Visa is FREE, however you need to pay a handling fee from accredited agencies. Handling fees is from 800php to 2000php.

I applied  my Japanese Visa at
Discovery Tour , Inc.
(Japan Visa Department)
301 G/F Sagittarius Bldg., HV Dela Costa St., Salcedo Village, Makati City

Why I'd choose Discovery Tour, Inc? because they have the cheapest handling fee of 800php. ^.^

Japan Visa requirements that I've submitted:
  • Application Form with picture
  • Passport
  • NSO Birth Certificate
  • ITR
  • Bank Certificate
  • Daily Schedule
  • Affidavit of Support for my sister
  • Certificate of Employment 
* Certificate of Employment is just "add-on" to my requirements and not prerequisite.

For my sister (student):
  • Application Form with picture
  • Passport
  • NSO Birth Certificate
  • Daily Schedule
  • Photocopy of  School ID
  • School Certificate


Daily Schedule
This is exactly what I submit to the agency, my itinerary is only for 5 days. This is only fake/dummy schedule, I have never booked any hotel yet nor ticket to Japan.

Application Form
Application form is downloadable at Embassy of Japan website, click here.
You can edit the form and print it, make sure to put N/A on every blank that is not applicable to you.
Schedule of stay data must matched the info on your application form (length of stay, hotel name, hotel address, hotel phone number, etc)
Photo must be pasted on the application form, with 4.5 cm by 4.5 cm size (white background)


Page 1

Page 2 (don't forget your signature)

Income Tax Return (Form 2316)
Original copy, issued 2014 with 2013 record.




Bank Certificate
I only have1xx,xxxphp for 5 days length of stay, shared with my sister. I've read that one traveler recently applied for visa has only 40,000php on his bank and was approved for single entry visa. I think it also matter with the length of stay you input to your application form. If your intended stay is only 4 days, then the 40,000php on your bank certificate is enough. Assumed that your 1 day expense is equal to 10,000php. In our case, since my intended length of stay is five(5) days, sharing my 1xx,xxxphp with my sister and that would be 5x,000php each for our bank certificate.

Some tips:
Shorten the length of your "daily schedule"
Don't submit unnecessary requirements
Good travel history


Japan Visa process is simple and fast!

I've submitted my requirements on August 11, 2014(Monday morning) at Discovery Tour Inc, paid 800php for handling fee. Got a call on August 13 (Wednesday) that I can claim ny Passport on August 14(Thursday). The agency will not disclose any information when they contact you to claim your passport, they will not tell if your visa is granted or denied. So you'll end up thinking overnight ^_^


I'll see you soon Land of The Rising Sun! ^_^

28 comments:

  1. hi, would just like to ask on whether it was your first to get a japanese visa? =) 'cause i'm planning to go there on December, however, as I've read some blogs especially regarding the bank cert, i've almost become hopeless. huhu and this, this is recent!! i was wondering on whether i'll have a chance, too, especially since it was my first time to go out of the country, and it will be to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose. Your blog about applying for a Japan Visa is really helpful. Just got our family's Japan visas yesterday and to my surprise we were given Multiple Entry visas valid for 5 years. We used the services of Reli Tours Southmall branch and they were very helpful and accommodating especially their Japanese employee. We're finally going to Japan....at last. Thanks for your blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow congrats! Multiple entry pa na grant sa inyo, nice!
      I just came back from our 5 day trip to Tokyo & Osaka (sidetrip Kyoto).
      I'll post my entry soon ^.^

      Delete
    2. hi ANONYMOUS, nag request ba kayo ng Mult entry visa when you applied ?
      gusto ko rin sana magkuha ng Mult entry.
      salamat

      Delete
  3. please share your itinerary after your escape in Japan with directions and food costing please...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi question how long is the validation of japanese visa for single entry,because I'm planning to apply first for visa before booking a flight. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. What if you got a visa but you did not pursue going to Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ms. Rose. I have a question. What should i do if i do not have ITR? I only have bank certificate. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i checked with UHI and kailangan daw may "explanation letter" na bakit wala ka ITR.wala rin ako dahil I dont live in the Philippines.

      Delete
  7. Hii Rose,
    salamat sa post.
    UHI emailed me na I need to get bank certificate (must be valid within 3 months). Ung bank certificate ba na naissue sa Pilipinas says its validity? or does the embassy needs Bank statement for 3months? i thought kasi na Bank Certificate only shows how much you have in Bank as of a particular time.

    saalmat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeff, yung date lang naman sa Bank Cert yung sinasabing must be valid within 3 mons.
      And yes sa bank cert stated lang naman dun how much you have in bank, pero before sa BPI pati yung opened date. No need na for "bank statement", hindi naman na sila mahigpit ngayon.

      Delete
  8. Hi Rose! (is it okay to call you Rose? haha)

    I have been in and out of your blog for a long time na, I think pamula pa nung mag plan akongng pumunta ng Korea nung 2013. anyway, napansin ko lang, yung Visa application mo here for your your sister is student? pero sa Korea, yung application nya is may work na? sorry na confuse lang ako. I'm planning to travel with my sister whose a student later this year puntang Korea. I'm just checking yung mga requirements for her, since I'll be the one supporting her for the trip.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :)
      she's not working na, she decided to study kasi ^_^

      Yung last Korea namin, I applied na student sya, eto yung requirements:

      Birth Certificate
      School Certificate
      Photo Copy of School ID
      Passport
      Photocopy of Passport
      Notarized Affidavit of Support
      Application Visa form with picture

      ^_^

      Delete
    2. Connected sa topic lang sis ask ko lang kung yung student cert ba ay need talaga ipasa agad o nagrequest pa ang JPembassy sa inyo?

      Delete
    3. Ask ko lang magkakaproblema ba kung ang nilagay namin sa current profession or occupation ay STUDENTS?ang problema hindi pa naman enroll ang applicant paguwi sana kung magagrant ang visa saka pa lang mageenroll ang applicant?

      Delete
    4. Connected sa topic lang sis ask ko lang kung yung student cert ba ay need talaga ipasa agad o nagrequest pa ang JPembassy sa inyo?

      Delete
  9. Hi Ms. Rose, ask ko Lang Sana kung possible ba ma grant Japanese visa ko kung Wala ako bank cert or ITR pero Meron affidavit of support ng aunt ko Kaso lang US citizen sya? Pero kasama ko sya mag travel sa Japan if ever. Hope to hear from you soon! Tnx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sis, I cannot answer if ma grant ka, case to case din kasi yung pag approve nila ng visa. If student ka, possible na ma grant naman as long as complete requirement ng Aunt mo along with your requirements. Kahit naman US Citizen aunt mo as long as naka indicate sa affidavit of support mo yung relation nyo and magsusubmit din naman kayo ng NSO Birth Certificate.
      I try mo na lang din sis isubmit, malay mo di ba ma grant naman. :)

      Delete
  10. Hindi na ako student, nag resign na Kasi ako sa work couple months ago. Pero Try ko na din mag submit ng requirements. I'll let you know once na ma grant :) thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I was just curious if you were granted the visa even without the ITR. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've submitted with ITR, I'm not sure if they will grant visa without the ITR, but as per previous comments here, at least you can provide an "explanation letter" for not having an ITR :)

      Delete
  12. Thanks for sharing. By the way, how long does japan visa processing takes place?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really helpful. One of the blogs I read before applying for a visa. You guys may also check my blog to know about GETTING A VISA WITH A GUARANTOR in this link. https://binibiningcinnamon.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/visa-for-filipinos-going-to-japan-with-a-guarantor/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rose, thanks for sharing. We just applied for our visa and waiting for results. Yung bank certificate ba pwede mag withdraw after? I have submitted around 150k but planning to withdraw mga 20k sana. Mag tatawag pa kaya from embassy to double check the bank?

    ReplyDelete