20120224

South Korea Day 2

This is our second day in Korea! Soooooo cold outside, after our breakfast we start the (mis)adventure of the day! ^_^

 We both love Korean Dramas (it's so obvious!!!), so I include "FULL HOUSE" in our itinerary. This place is too far from Seoul, actually it was almost near Incheon Airport.

From Myeong-dong Station we go to Seoul Station and transfer to AREX Commuter train to head off at Unseo Station, approximately an hour of travel from Myeong-dong Station. Arriving at Unseo Station, we walk  towards Lotte Mart, there is a near bus stop here, according to my research we were supposed to ride bus 201. We then ask a local if we are in the right bus stop, she understand a bit English, but I think she's not sure if the bus 213 will stop at the ferry terminal. She ask the other woman (who was also waiting for the bus) if the bus will stop at Sammock Dock Ferry Terminal, though they are speaking in their language, I can sense that they weren't sure if the bus will stop there. And then some ahjushis came, and this woman ask them, thanks to those ahjushis they told us to ride the bus 211-1, the bus will arrive within 10 minutes.

Arriving Bus 211-1, we use T-money for the ride and stop at Sammock dock ferry terminal. Walk towards the dock and a man will approach you to write you name to a log sheet before boarding the ferry. The fare going to Shido Island is free, you just need to pay the return ticket and it is only a 10 minutes ride.

 Unseo

Ferry at Sammock

Welcome to Shido Island! We ride the blue bus that was park near the dock, it will drop you to the Full House (1.3km more), 1,000won for the bus ride. 

Shido

bus to Full House

The bus driver will drop you to the street almost near to the Full House, you will see a church (I guess it is).


Just walk straight until you see the signage to the Full House and next is the "Rent Bike" office of ajushis.

yeah 1.3km more!!!


Ahjushi's Office

Why ahjushi's office?? and have you seen that 1.3km to Full House?? Based on my research, you need to rent a bicycle or walk to go to the Full House. WALK?? Seriously??!!!! First we ought to walk because my companion does not know how to ride a bicycle (a big problem), then we go back to ahjushi's office and inquire about the bicycle rent, they say if we walk it would take 40 minutes to reach the Full House (SERIOUSLY??!!) but if we take the bicycle it would only take 10 minutes. Good thing that Ahjushi has a couple bike! We rent the couple bike for 5,000won. The rent for the single bike is 3,000 won.

.


Now riding the bike going to the Full House and still we got lost of track, I know I have sense of directions but this bicycle is getting all my energy, I can't think!!! We came across this family who is walking to the street, finally they accompany us to this crossing which has a sign of Full House that will take 800m to reach. I really love Koreans, they were really nice, I couldn't say much ^^ Another reason to go back to Korea, are these kinds of people who were willing to help you ^^ 

FULL HOUSE

Finally!!!!

It is still winter but somehow I felt so warm, I'm so exhausted!!! Riding the bicycle again, I can't remember when was the last time I ride one. I'm super stressed!!! I'm feeling that my joints and bones will break (just overreacting) Anyways, though it was really tiring it all fades when I saw The Full House!


 ticket


Oh I love the free sock of "RAIN", paying the 5,000won entrance and you'll get this sock ^^ kyeopta!

free RAIN sock ^^

I love Korean Dramas! FULL HOUSE is one of my favorite, so so so HAPPY that I was able to see this house! Reminiscing the drama, enjoying every corner of the house! This house was built specially for the drama "Full House", KBS has a lot of budget for it! Well it was a huge success drama, RAIN and SONG HYE KYO became popular because of this.

FULL HOUSE

Now we are going to explore every single corner of this house! ^^

living room

kitchen

dining

be sure to wear a slipper ^^

petals

Now going upstairs...

A lot of "Full House" pictures on the wall, Song Hye Kyo was very pretty!




Lee Young-Jae's Bedroom


Lee Young-Jae's closet


from the drama

Han Ji-Eun's Bedroom


Outside the house....

Remember this glass window that Han Ji-Eun always clean and this place has always been romantic! I remember them sitting here, with flower petals and candle lite ^^ *sweet*




This house needs a paint or renovation ^^

Amazing view of the beach...



The bench, which most scenes in drama occur ^^ I love sitting on it :)




LeeYoung-Jae & Han Ji-Eun standee ^^

love triangle ^^



Han Ji-Eun's bicycle


I remember this place where Han Ji-Eun was running to escape from Lee Young-Jae *funny scene*





I enjoyed touring the FULL HOUSE, I just hope that they will re-paint the house, it really needs more maintenance. Though you can still enjoy the view inside which is still intact and clean, and if you were really a fan of korean drama or hallyu ^^ you will still love to visit this place despite of the long travel here, and the bike thingy which I hate the most ^^ (what an experience!!) For the love of Rain & Song Hye Kyo ^^ Aigooooo!! ^^

Time to say bye bye to the Full House, will I visit this again??? I don't think so ~kekekeke~ MAYBE if there is cab going to the full house instead of a bicycle :)  Oh I really hate it :P

We return the couple bicycle to the ahjushi's office, walk to the near bus station and waited for the bus that will take us to the dock ferry terminal. Now at the ferry terminal we paid 3,600won for the ferry fare. While waiting for the ferry, we encouter this ahjushi who approach us "Filipino??" he says, and we says "yes", we were surprised when he says the P.I. word and he was smiling, almost laughing and so we laugh too. We chit chat a bit, he knows a bot of English but he also speaks Korean, we only understand a bit of what he's saying, like he mentioned "Zamboanga" too. He's nice, he asked us if we were "hungry", we politely says no but then he bought us a biscuit, Koreans knows well how to treat tourist. ^^

The ferry came and we boarded, I came across to some locals feeding the birds outside, I took a video of it, so lovely!

At the Sammock Dock Ferry Terminal we waited at the Bus Station to go at Unseo Station, be sure to ride Bus 211-1. At Unseo station take the AREX commuter to go at Seoul Station, this is another long ride, which is good at least you can get a rest or even take a nap on almost an hour ride, we thought we can take a nap, but after one station there are two locals who approach us, they know how to speak English, a long chit chat that we didn't even manage to take a nap ^^ Well, it's okay they were really nice, the other man says that his first English teacher was a Filipina named "Wendy", he even handed us his calling card and told us if we encouter problems here in Korea, don't hesitate to call him, upon seing his card he was a branch manager of a firm ^^ I love Koreans! Very hospitable :)

Seoul Station
Finally arriving Seoul, we take our early dinner at McDonald's Seoul Station, I bought a Bolgogi Burger Meal. The taste is just o-kay, well just trying it since I here in Korea ^^ Oh I just love McDonald's! 

The Full House (mis)adventure trip eat our time, I thought it can be done on half day tour, but we still need to follow our itinerary. Next destination is Lotte World!

LOTTE WORLD

At Seoul Station we take the subway to Dongdaemun Station and transfer to green line and get off at Jamsil Station, take exit 4 to reach Lotte World.

Welcome to LOTTE WORLD

We arrived there around 8pm, we only buy the admission ticket worth 14,500won. Anyways, I just want  to see the amusement park and of course the famous carousel from the Korean Drama "Stairway to Heaven" . 

tickets here ^^

And so reminiscing the drama "Stairway to Heaven"



Flower Festival at Lotte World!



real tulips?


At the 3rd floor, what a cute 3D paintings ^^


so many won!!!

LOL



More pictures..









Lotte World for me is just a so~so amusement park, maybe I'm just too tired to to explore more. Well that would be another reason to go back to Korea and be back here at Lotte World ^^ 

After more than an hour of exploring and taking pictures at Lotte World we decided to leave, it was fun though.

Because of my Hallyu addiction, I want to see the Star Avenue which is also located at Lotte World. Having trouble with the directions we ask one local and he was so kind to even accompanied us to the exact location of Star Avenue, but it's already close (it's already past the hour of 10), he suggest us to visit Lotte Mall at Myeong-dong (if we have time next day), they have smaller version of Star Avenue there. I'm impressed to theseKoreans, they were very helpful!!
So it is close!! We just ended up taking pictures at the Hall ^^ Well another reason for me to go back to Korea ^^ (see I have lots of reason to come back ^^)


Bigbang Gallery

Rain Gallery

 so handsome Hyun Bin

Kim Hyun Joong gallery


That's a wrap for Lotte World, it's V-day tomorrow and there are lots of women buying chocolates for their love ones! I think it is a tradition in Korea to give chocolate to their special someone. Take note that the girl gave the chocolates! Yeah sweet ^^ 

We go back to Myeong-dong bought some cosmetics ^^ So cheap here in Korea! Girls would really enjoy cosmetics shopping here at Myeong-dong, and the fact that they always give lots of freebies/samples when you shop ^^ I love it!!!

Now back to our guesthouse, time to rest and tomorrow would be another (mis) adventure ^^

I LOVE SEOUL! ^^

5 comments:

  1. Hi I just want to ask everyday ba open ang full house? and mga what time did you arrive there ? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm not sure if open to everyday, pero Monday kami nagpunta and madalas Monday close yung ibang establishment sa Korea, kaya feeling ko everyday open to. Almost 12 noon na kami dumating dun ^^ it was really a hard work visiting this place ^^

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your welcome ^^

    we start our travel around 9am, from Seoul going to Unseo would take less than an hour. Malapit na kasi to sa Incheon, kaya travel time pa lang matagal na ^^ 5pm na ata kami ulit nakabalik ng Seoul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok po, thank you so much! Sana makapunta kami. tomorrow na po yung flight namin pero di pa masyado ayos yung itinerary namin altho my friend yung tatay ko na korean, nakakakaba hehe.. :)) thanks po!

    ReplyDelete