20120504

Secret Recipe - Shangri La Mall


It's Thursday again! Thursdate with my sister Tina ^^ Food trip for today Secret Recipe's unlimited cakes and coffee/tea located at 5th floor Shangri La Mall in Edsa Ortigas.




The unlimited cakes and coffee/tea is courtesy of Cash Cash Pinoy (online deals), got this deal for  199php. Of course rules apply: 1 person per voucher, strictly no sharing and no left overs, the deal starts at 2:30pm to 6:30pm.



We came around 3 o 'clock, the place is nice. Only few people were there and lots of staffs, some were OJTs. I handed the voucher at the cashier and she verify it, then after few minutes the staff came to take our first round of cake. There are 7 cream cakes to choose: Moist Chocolate Cake, Almond Coffee, Strawberry Cake, Black Forest, Golden Nugget, Cocoa Mocha and Mocha Walnut.

Round 1
I ordered Moist Chocolate Cake and Jasmine tea, while Tina ordered Almond Coffee Cake and Jasmine tea too.




Round 2
Black Forest and Strawberry Cake




Round 3
Golden Nugget and Mocha Walnut




Round 4
Cocoa Mocha and Moist Chocolate Cake


For the coffee or tea, you can only choose one and they will just refill it. For the cake, just ask some staff there to have your next round of cake, but of course you must finish everything first, like I said earlier strictly no left overs! ^^

We tried their Spaghetti Bolognese (185 php)




My review:
Service: Poor
So slow in serving foods, I'm seeing lots of OJTs and they were not attentive.

Food: Average
The Spaghetti Bolognese tastes like pizza which is just okay.

Cakes: Not good
I like cakes, but their cakes is not good, it is drying and not fresh at all! The only cake that I appreciate is the Moist Chocolate Cake, the rest is no good.

Ambiance:
Not so many people here, place is nice.

For this experience, I'm telling to myself that I wouldn't be back here, the price for the cake is way too expensive! I would understand if the taste is good, but seriously those cakes was not fresh!

2 comments:

  1. baka mga old stocks yung sine serve nila pag sale or groupon :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling ko nga din, basta di masarap cake nila.

    ReplyDelete