20140413

HALER BALER - Day 2 (Surfing at Sabang Beach)

Haler Baler!

Your BALER experience wouldn't be complete if you didn't try SURFING! For our last few hours stay in Baler, our last activity is learn how to SURF!

At first I'm scared to do surfing because I cannot swim, but according to my research it's not necessary. And because it's just a beginners course, you will only surf on low part of the beach (with low waves too).

We are ready! ^_^

Along the beachfront you'll see "shop & surf lesson" and for 350php you'll have 1 hour surfing lesson experience. To my previous post, at NiƱa's Transient House they also offers surfing lesson (with the same price).



Sabang Beach

How to surf:
My instructor is Kuya Enrick, he first discuss the part of surf board: 
  • Nose - The front tip of the surfboard
  • Tail - The back part of the surfboard
  • Rocker - The curve applied to the nose and tail
  • Rail - The shape of the sides of the surfboard


After being familiar on the part of the board, next is how to surf or stand on the surf board. 
  1. Wear your leash. Its already attached to the tail of the board. That way you can easily pull your board.
  2. Lie on the board. In prone position or lying downward the board. A couple of inches between your feet and tail.
  3. Hands on the rail. Have a hold on the rail.
  4. Position. When your instructor says "Ready", position your both hands on the rail (your chest part) and your right leg ready to tuck.
  5. Push up and stand. Push your self upward with some force to stand first with your right and then your left , with a bit distance.
  6. Bent. To maintain your balance, keep your knees bent with your arms loose and extended.
Kuya Enrick shows first how to do it and then I tried too, seems pretty easy. 


Ready

Here we go!

Your instructor will guide you for 1 hour of surfing lesson. I thought its easy to surf, my first attempt........ FAILED! ^^


"Try and try until you succeed" this is my motto for the day ~hehehehe~

This is me nagging to Kuya Enrick ~hehehehe~ "Bakit di ako makatayo Kuya"

After several attempts, finally I did it! PROUD!!! :)

YES!!!!

Of course all of us did it, surfing is so fun! 


Yey Loser Toyei finally did it :)

Feeling like a PRO Nice :)

My dongsaeng with a sweet smile :)

Why so serious Mhay? :)

Happiness overload! 


We really enjoyed the 1 hour surfing experience here in Sabang Beach (Baler, Aurora). I never thought this could be so much fun. 

I LOVE BALER!

After an hour of surfing!



Thumb's Up :)


Kuya Enrick says "QUALITY" :)


I LOVE BALER! I LOVE SURFING! :) Baler is definitely perfect for your summer get away! I'll be back here the soonest if possible!

3 comments:

  1. So it means you can learn surfing in just an hour? Not bad. :) Would love to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging! I also thought you need to be a swimmer to surf! Thanks for sharing your surfing experience!

    Regards,

    Val
    www.valcaulin.com

    ReplyDelete