20110626

Singapore - Malaysia Trip 2011 (solo traveler)

My second international travel and my first time travelling ALONE!!! Should I be happy? Surviving my trip, this would be a great challenge for me! Hurray for the female solo backpackers of the Philippines!

I shouldn't be alone on this travel, unfortunately my friend who was supposed to be my companion on this travel  undergo an operation and was advised not to travel. So there you go, I'll be traveling solo!Good thing that AirPhil refunded her tickets, she just present her medical certification. Even our hostel was already booked, we did cancel the reservation but failed to refund the 10% down payment.

 
My Ticket
I booked my trip last February via Airphil, a round trip tickets cost P 4,752.00.
Travel dates: 
June 11 Manila (Terminal 3) 4:50pm departure
            Singapore (Terminal 2) 8:20pm arrival

June 20 Singapore (Terminal 2) 8:50pm departure
             Manila (Terminal 3) 12:15am arrival (June 21)

Price is reasonably okay for me, the travel time is good too and I will be arriving at Changi Airport Terminal 2 which is also good ^^

 
Money Matters
I did change my money at Czarina Money Changer, I call for reservation and have it change at their Glorietta 5 branch. That time buying rate is 35.40php = 1sgd. For me exchanging my money here in Philippines is much better and less hassle.


Packing
I really want to pack light, I'll be out of the country for 9 days and this is a challenge for me because this is also my first longest travel, I've never been too far away from home, I must say that I've been a home buddy for so long. Singapore's weather is typically humid, just like in Philippines. Packing my clothes with a just light clothing such as shorts, blouses, a dress, a skirt, ^^ It was a success packing after all ^^

 
Hostel
I booked at "Hostel Amigos" through hostelworld.com, it was a shared all female bedroom for 9 nights. I made a 10% deposit online (US15.73), total amount due upon arrival: SG$145.80.

Itineraries

I have a lot of time making my iti, well I'm just wishing that I can follow my detailed itinerary! Again here's the link for my iti My SG Malaysia Itinerary

MY TRIP

June 11 - Departing Manila

After my shift I go home to get my things (from Bulacan), my flight is at 4:30pm no need to hurry. Arriving at NAIA 3, I go straight to AirPhil desk and check-in my baggage. Then paid my travel tax cost 1620php and 750php for the terminal fee. Now for my IO experience, with a lot of questions  "Mag-isa ka lang?", "Company ID mo?", "Saan ka mag stay dun?".... Shocks! He then handed me a paper to fill up and said to go at the Immigration Office at the side, we are already three female waiting to be interviewed by Immigration officer, the woman in front of me did not pass the IO interview because she says that she will live to her relatives, but failed to present an authenticated invitation from her relatives. She was already crying and even begs, but that's the rule. Then it's my turn, I'm really nervous after seeing that woman who failed. I just acted confidently, present my documents, and when I was asked what will I do there, I answered politely with a smile ^^ And there you go I pass the IO and ready to travel. Woah ~
AIRPHIL
This is my first time at Airphil and I''m impressed of their service, my flight is not delayed instead we are 20 minutes earlier of the arrival time. Good job AirPhil!

CHANGI AIRPORT - Terminal 2

As of 8pm June 11 we arrived at Singapore! Singapore's IO - NO QUESTIONS - STAMPED PASSPORT and GO! Changi Airport was huge! I wasn't able to roam around and just go straight at the MRT station, following my itinerary I bought 1 EZ Link card cost 12SGD and head off to Tenah Meral Station then to Lavender station wherein Amigos Hostel is located. Now finding my hostel, on my way there I encounter two Pinoys, I asked for the directions but I think they are not familiar ^^ then  I encounter a local there who almost accompanied me to the place, woah ~ nice Singaporean ^^ Arriving at Hostel Amigos and paid my remaining balance, the staff was very helpful to even carry my luggage to my room. I'm so dead tired and need to rest ^^ Need to prepare more power for my Singapore - Malaysia tour!



5 comments:

  1. hi sis! new follower here from GT! nice travel! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, here's mmine.. http://heavenismydestiny.blogspot.com/

    hope we can be friends here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good that you weren't able to experience any hassles during immigration. There's been a lot of horror stories going around the blogosphere recently. Enjoy your trips! Sg's a really nice and safe place. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 9 days of SG! Great travel story sis. =)

    ReplyDelete