20110626

Singapore - Day 1 (City Tour)

June 12 - Sunday

Good Morning Singapore!

I woke up early to catch the mass at Saint Joseph's Church. After eating free breakfast(at the hostel), I head off to Lavender MRT station, walking distance from "Hostel Amigos". Saint Joseph's Church is located along Victoria Street, from Lavender station head off to Bugis station (green line) 1 stop. At Bugis, I asked a local there the exact location of Saint Joseph Church and it is just a short walk ^^ At the church someone even assist me on where to seat, very organize. I'm happy that I attended a mass here in Singapore, I prayed for my safe travel. ^^



National Library Building was located in front of Saint Joseph's Church.


I was suppose to ride a bus, but I couldn't find any bus stop so I keep on walking and ended up to a 7-11 store wherein load my EZ Link card of 20SGD with 50cents charge. Then I ask the cashier on how to go at Esplanade or Merlion Place, she's not sure buy she pointed a way, and so I left the store and go on walking until I reach "City Hall Station", which means I'm near to the places I'm looking. St. Andrew's Cathedral is also located near this station, it actually behind the station.

City Hall Station Interchange

St. Andrew's Cathedral

I saw Esplanade and MBS while taking pictures of the cathedral.

I didn't even know that I was already at Esplanade Park, "Glorious Dead" or "Singapore Cenotaph" it is a war memorial, is also located in this park.

Cenotaph


Esplanade is just a short walk from the park, a lot of people here taking pictures of the MBS, specially at the bridge area , wherein you can get a good shot of MBS. Of course I took some shots here, then went to One Fullerton for the Merlion, of course another crowded place. Don't forget to visit this when you go to Singapore, good for photo-ops! You will here the medium and small Merlion. ^^ The other one is located at Sentosa. :)
Esplanade

MBS

Merlion

Small Merlion


Don't forget to try the wafer ice cream for 1SGD ^^


The Flyer
I did not ride the flyer, I'm not really scared of heights but I don't want to ride there alone and it's kinda pricey too. So I just take some photos.





From Singapore Flyer I head to Helix Bridge, you can see Youth Olympic Park along the way. 


Youth Olympic Park

The Helix Bridge



Marina Bay Sands is located at the end of Helix bridge, I roam inside but did not ascend to the top, wherein you can see Singapore's Skyscraper. You can also see Art Science Museum outside of MBS.

Art Science Museum


After MBS , my next destination should be the "Fountain of Wealth" but I did not find it :P I got confused with the directions and I ended up at Chinatown, well I'm abit hungry and had my lunch at the hawkers area.



I went back to the hostel, I'm so exhausted and need to rest, I got a message from my FN friend "tonette" and we will meet that night. I told her that I miss "Fountain of Wealth" on my itinerary, she's so nice to accompany me there. We meet at Paya Lebar station and go to Promenade Station, then just a short walk to reach Suntec City mall. When we arrived there, the show at the Fountain of Wealth already began, just a few photo-ops and then we had dinner at Food Republic (thanks sis Tonette).
Fountain of Wealth



We miss a picture together, well there's always a next time ^^ I'll see you again or maybe we can be travel buddies ^^ Seoul or Taipei?? (next destination?)
I enjoyed my first day, even I'm so exhausted 'coz in Singapore you must be ready for a long walk to reach some tourist spots (liek MBS, Esplanade, One Fullerton, The Flyer)

10 comments:

  1. wow, very nice solo trip! you attended the mass, tapos you met a GTer pa! =)
    i didnt ride the flyer too, bukod sa kuripot ako, im afraid of heights. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome sis. Sayang talaga di tayo nagmeet uli sige lang travel naman tayo next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post! very informative. by the way, ok ba magstay sa Hostel Amigos? I have booked there for 4 days in September kase mag-aattend ako ng seminar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes sis okay naman, walking distance lang from Lavender MRT, may nga malapit din food center. Malinis din yung room and CR, lagi may naglilinis, free breakfast usually served at 9am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay pala maglibot sa Marina Bay pag may araw. Gabi kasi kami naglibot dito, pero ayus din maraming ilaw... Just wanna share also my trip in SG:

    http://anythinggoes-etc.blogspot.com/2011/08/singapore-was-my-destination-last-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. mura na din, I stayed there for 9 days and it cost P 5632.96, that is 626php per night, with free breakfast, for an 8 bed female dorm room.

    they have pantry naman where you can cook, there's a fridge, though it was shared bathroom lagi naman may naglilinis so no need to worry, as in malinis yung hostel nila, very near din to sa MRT Lavender station, which is good din.

    and mababait yung staffs nila ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. e kelan naman balak mo bumalik? pede ba sumama?

    ReplyDelete