20110801

Singapore - Day 9 (Mustafa/Chinatown/Hostel Amigos/Changi Airport)


This is my last day in Singapore! Time to buy pasalubongs! I've been to Bugis and Chinatown, I almost compared prices, but then I paid visit to Mustafa Centre a 24 hours mall/shopping center in Singapore. I woke up early to go there, and yes it's a mall that never sleeps ^^





I bought most of my pasalubongs at Mustafa like chocolates and souvenir t-shirts. Then I head to Chinatown to buy some my other souvenirs and I had breakfast at McDonald's in Chinatown. (I love McDonald's)


CHINATOWN




Went back to hostel to take some rest and pack my things, it was so sad that I'm leaving Singapore. Now I'll have a review for Hostel Amigos, I love my stay here for these following reasons:
  • Location: It was near to MRT Lavender station
  • Food: There is a hawkers nearby, fruit stands, bakery, 7-11
  • Free Breakfast: Milk and bread
  • Restroom: Though this is a shared bathroom, it is always clean.
  • There is free wifi and free use of PC
  • Free use of washing machine and iron
  • The place is clean
  • The staff were so nice


HOSTEL AMIGOS






 I would recommend this hostel for solo traveler like me, or for any travelers out there. If you're looking for a cheap yet decent place to stay then put Hostel Amigos on your list.

Now I'm ready to leave Singapore and head off to the very beautiful Changi Airport!









 For your last minute shopping Changi Airport is there to serve you, and there are lots of restaurant too. I'm happy that my flight is at Terminal 2 of Changi Airport.

Well that's it, surviving my first solo travel in Singapore and Malaysia! I'm so happy and proud for what I accomplished! I love Singapore! I will surely be back here and visit again USS (my favorite).

It so nice that most of the people here understand English, so it is easy to communicate. There are lots of Filipinos, so don't be shy to ask them if you're lost or looking for some place. Actually the MRT is very efficient, you won't get lost in Singapore it is a very tourist friendly place. Don't be afraid to stay late at night, Singapore is also a safe place. Try their authentic foods, there are lots of hawkers stall here which are way cheaper. Our friendly KFC and McDonald's is also around the country just in case you don't want to try Singaporean foods.

I really really really enjoyed my stayed in Singapore! ^^

10 comments:

  1. Hi there, thanks for your detailed itinerary :) This is a great help esp I'll be traveling solo as well. Ask ko lng if the 6kphp you paid covers the 9 days stay u had in SG kasi i'll be staying 9days din in September. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, items in Mustafa are very cheap. My sister buys fragrances and chocolates there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dreamsdocometruehaven - yes that covers my 9 nights stay in Hostel Amigos

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your response :) So 10% lang ba ung online reservation and then i'll pay the remaining amount upon check-in? Salamat uli :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you! Travelling alone is a brave act. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the detailed nice post.

    i will also stay at Hostel Amigos this coming week. Questions: do they accept credit card payment for the balance? and do they have a hairdryer I can borrow?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They only accept cash payment, but I was ask if I want to pay in full when I arrived. So I guess, it's fine with them if don't pay in full.

    Regarding the hair dryer, I don't see any. But you can may ask them, the two staff there were nice ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you! i'm sure i will enjoy staying at that hostel!

    ReplyDelete