20110912

Hong Kong Day 1 - Ocean Park

Finally it is the day of our much awaited trip to Hong Kong, me and my sister waited for almost five months. We're really really really excited for this! As early as 4am, we head to NAIA 3 for our 7:55am flight and yes that was too early because we came from Bulacan.

Everything went well in the IO while checking in, boarding around 7:30am I was happy at first that it was earlier than the set departure time. But then the cabin crew announces that there's some problem with the system, and so our flight was delayed for about 35 minutes! It was already 8:30am when we take off, this is the first time that I experience delayed flight via CebuPac.

While landing off to Hong Kong International Airport we were amazed to see Hong Kong's beauty!



We arrived at 10:35 am and the line in HK IO was really long and almost took us an hour! Hong Kong's Airport was huge and nice too. On our way to Hall B, I was surprised to see lots of teenage boys and gals, I found out that they are waiting for Korean pop stars F(x), Miss A, Sistar and Kara. Too bad we didn't see them, I'm not a big fan anyways.

We bought our Octopus card at the airport for 150hkd (50hkd deposit, 100hkd load).



Now we were heading off in Golden Crown Guesthouse, the easiest way to get there is the airport airbus which is located near Hall B on the arrivals. We paid 33hkd for the fare, A21 is the bus you need to find which will stop at Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station, travel time is around 45-60 minutes. Golden Crown is just beside Standard Chartered.


It was already 2pm when we arrived at Golden Crown, I paid the balance of 750hkd and bought two discounted tickets for Ocean Park for 220hkd each.


After resting and eating our late lunch, we go to our first destination "Ocean Park". From Golden Crown to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR, we take the central line to Admiralty Station(Exit B) and transfer to CityBus 629 at Admiralty Bus Terminus.



Ocean Park is kinda huge, there are lots of people (locals and tourist) and the weather is really hot! We couldn't even take pictures because of the humid weather. We saw the giant panda statues, we take a look at the lovely pandas! 


  

 




Roaming around the Ocean Park you need to ride the "cable car", me and my sister really enjoyed it!





Riding the cable car surely was fun, you'll be able to see the beautiful views of Hong Kong! I love OP's cable car! Honestly, I'm kinda scared riding on it ^_^ 

A ride that caught my attention because of the screaming people, I want to ride on it but my sister was scared. We ended up watching those peeps riding the "Flash"




We ride the Ocean Park Tower, we queued for the long line under the sun and the ride was so fast, I didn't enjoyed riding on it. 



view from Ocean Park Tower


Our next stop "Pacific Pier" wherein the lovely sea lions and seals resides. You'll get a chance to feed the seals and sea lions or even watch the show.







Aside from the cable car, I enjoyed riding on the Ferris Wheel and scared when were on the top of it.


I love this part of Ocean Park because it is lively than the other and the rides is good for everybody. You can also play and win some stuff, plus there is a Mc Donald's Kiosk.




We failed to ride the roller coaster because we are running out of time, it is almost 8pm and the show is about to start.


After riding the Ferris Wheel, we go back to the main part of OP by riding again the scary cable car ^^ 
We were able to watch the water show, because it is Tuesday the park will close at 8pm. 



I enjoyed Ocean Park, it was my first time riding in cable car. But this place was so crowded and it was summer, spending a day here is advisable to enjoy the rides and the park. :)

3 comments:

  1. It's great that the weather in HK was sunny during your vacation. :) Cable cars can be scary and I remember how my mom and I were inside the crystal cabin cable car going to Ngong Ping Village. It was very scary as it was raining and it sure was a long way down. Ocean Park seems lovely. Didn't have a chance to go there. The pandas look adorable! :D

    Btw, how was your accommodation? :) My mom would like to go to HK again in the future because we were part of a group tour before. It's nice to just do DIY tour.

    You love Korean dramas din pala. Nice! ^__^ Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We stayed at Golden Crown Guesthouse located in TST.

    We really had fun at HK, thanks that the weather was nice at that time. We got scared too riding at the cable car ^^ DIY tour was easy too, you should try it next time.

    I love korean dramas so much! ^^

    thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ganda! nice pics esor :) excited for your next destination :P

    ReplyDelete