20110904

Hong Kong - Macau Trip 2011

My third international travel for this year "Hong Kong and Macau", but this time I won't be alone because I'll be traveling with my sister "Tina". We booked our tickets via Cebu Pacific promo fare last March and the travel dates is on August 23-26.

I have a lot of time to prepare for this travel, thanks Pinoy Exchange and Female Network forums for all the information they provide.

Now I'm so excited for the day of my travel, the time I booked for the flight I already plotted my vacation leave and yes this is my last 4 days leave for this year, it didn't even reach "ber" months ^^ and I already consumed my vacation leaves.

Itinerary

Making itinerary for HK-Macau trip has become easy for me with the help of "HongKong for Dummies" in PEX.

Day 1
Ocean Park
Female Market
Avenue of the Stars

Day 2
Ngong Ping
Disneyland
Temple Market

Day 3
Macau
The Peak

Day 4
Nanlian Garden
Ngong Ping or The Peak (if not done in day 2 & 3)
buy pasalubongs

Accommodation

I'm looking for a cheap but nice with a good location and after researching, I found out that for first timer they recommend "Golden Crown Guesthouse". I booked for a twin bed room and paid 300hkd deposit online, the room rate is 350hkd per night. The guesthouse is located near Tsim Sha Tsu MTR station, which I guess will make my travel easy.

Money Matters

Two weeks before my travel, I exchange my Peso to HKD at Czarina Money Changer. The rate at that time is 1 HKD = 5.51 Peso. Czarina's main office is located in Tower One at Makati, a reservation is needed too.


Packing

Since it's summer in Hong Kong, we're packing light clothing only. Bringing umbrella is a must and don't also forget to bring sunblock. All documents should also be place in one folder/envelope such as printed itineraries, eticket, printed hotel reservation, printed groupon, passport. I also bring some food for breakfast like cup noodles and bread. Don't forget to bring Universal Travel Adapter, though some hotel/guesthouse provides it, much better if you have one.

Estimated Expenses


HKD
PHP
Octopus Card
250
Ngong Ping cable
169
Ocean Park
220
Disneyland
399
Return Peak Tram
40
Ferry from TST to Macau
63
Ferry from Macau to TST
63
(Macau Dragon Ferry)
accommodation
525
Golden Crown - per pax)
A21 (roundtrip)
66
(Airport Bus)
total in HKD
1795
9890.45
Terminal fee & Travel tax
2370
Total
12260.45



Now I'm ready for Hong Kong and Macau trip! I'm super excited!!!

7 comments:

  1. wow, sarap naman HK-Macau! I think sa Golden Crown din kami nag stay last time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. parang pate ako naeexcite sa HK-Macau habang binabasa ko to..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! my family and I went at Hongkong and stayed at Golden Crown Guesthouse. (Aug.25-29) maybe, nagkita tau somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. siguro nga ^^
    we stayed sa 5th floor :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how was golden crown? Jan din kame sa nov 16, superior room naman yung samin kasi 4 kame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, asko ko lang pano ka nagpareserved ng hkd sa czarina? tumawag ka lang or you went personally? thanks. :) - michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi michelle, tumawag ako for reservation. :)

    ReplyDelete