20131207

South Korea 2013: Day 1 (Gwanghwamun Square, Cheonggye Stream, Hangang Park and Hello Kitty Cafe)

September 2, 2013

Annyeong Haseyo!

It's a lovely day! So thankful that the weather is nice, the sun is up but there's a cool breeze of air. It is indeed a perfect time to explore SEOUL!

Gwanghwamun Square
How to get here:
Take subway line#5 to Gwanghwamun Square, then take exit 2 & 3.

Gwanghwamun Square is located in front of Gyeongbukgong Palace, we take the subway to Gyeongbukgong Palace Station and walk to Gwanghwamun Square.

front of Gyeongbukgong Palace


view from Gwanghwamun Square

Statue of King Sejong The Great

Me w/ my dongsaeng Tina


Statue of Admiral Lee Soon Shin

If you love watching Korean Dramas, you probably seen this was place a lot. One of Korean Dramas that was filmed here is "City Hunter", oh my LEE MINHO :)

Lee MinHo (City Hunter)

Queen In Hyun's Man

IRIS

There's ongoing filming at Gwanghwamun Square when we visit, but I have no idea if they are shooting a drama or commercial.




Sejong Center of Performing Arts

Beautiful SEOUL :)

CHEONGGYE STREAM 

The famous stream located in the center of Seoul. My second time in this place, I appreciate being here again because the last time I've been here is winter season, and now the weather is so good that I enjoyed much of the view.



cuties




GYEONGBUKGONG PALACE

We head back to Gyeongbukgung Palace, luckily we witness the changing of guards. We did not enter the Palace, we went here last November, we just took some photos of the guards and outside the palace.








There is free hanbok wearing in Gyeongbukgung Palace.





I love SEOUL :)

After sight seeing the beauty of Gwanghwamun Square, Cheonggye Stream and Gyeongbukgong Palace, we went to Express Bus Terminal Station. This place is famous for the latest Korean Fashion!


YEOUIDO HANGANG PARK


Finally I was able to visit the famous Han River that mostly featured in Korean Dramas. I always include to visit Hangang Park in my itinerary, but failed to visit during my first and second visit. I'm so happy that now I'm here enjoying this beautiful place! FINALLY! ^_^







What to do here:
This place is awesome, with the beautiful weather everybody will enjoy here. I've seen some biking here, dipping their feet on the water while enjoying the view. Most of the locals already set their tent they will probably spent  overnight here. 


mobile restroom

Sunset at Yeouido Hangang Park

HELLO KITTY CAFE

Time for some coffee break! Welcome to Hello Kitty Cafe!
Located to one of the busiest place in Seoul "Hongdae", this is our second time here, pretty much familiar to this cafe, nothing changed here. The cutest ever Hello Kitty Cafe, if you're a big fan of Hello Kitty, don't forget to put this on your list.

How to get here: 







PINK OVERLOAD!!!


Hello Kitty Restroom


Opening Hours: 11am to 12midnight



Our last stop for the day is Myeongdong. If you are looking for clothes, accessories, cosmetics, food, kpop merchandise, souvenirs, well you're in the right place. Myeongdong is LOVE for me, I also love Korean Cosmetics and you'll be surprised to see those stores like Skinfood, Etude House, Nature Republic, Tony Moly, Missha, Laneige, Holika Holika, The Face Shop, The Saem, Innisfree. 


No comments:

Post a Comment