20110703

Singapore - Day 2 (Singapore Zoo)

June 13 - Monday

Another beautiful day at Singapore! The weather is great! I did some revision on my itinerary, I chose to at Singapore Zoo first. Boarding the train from Lavender Station to City Hall Interchange (green line), then board the train again on the red line to Ang Mo Kio Station and walk to the bus station and board on Bus 138, travel time is more than an hour.


At the ticket station, I get the 2 in 1 ticket promo (Zoo + JBP) that cost 32sgd which saves me 6sgd. I didn't bought the Night Safari because I don't include that on my list and I've read in some forums that it's quite boring too.

I couldn't remember the last time I went to a Zoo? Tsk! I think I was in elementary, when I entered the crew handed me the map, woah ~ what a huge ZOO!


My first stop "Rain Forest Courtyard", I saw the Cotton Top Tamarin here.


At the Rainforest Walk you'll see these macaws



Next is the Proboscis Monkey


Then the Flamingo


Just walk straight and there you'll see the Orang Utan and I'll get a chance to see how they feed up.


Next is the "Elephants of Asia" wherein the show begins, with those adorable elephants! You'll surely enjoy watching it.



It rains during the show, my next stop is the "Rainforest Kidzworld", I had my lunch here at KFC. Kids will surely enjoy this place, make sure to bring spare clothes for them, some gets wet here ^^



After Kidzworld, I pass by the "Chimpanzee"


I also went to a room full of "frogs", then to the"Orchid Garden" and "Tropical Crops".


Now here's my favorites "The Giraffes" and "Zebras"



Cool! I can't remember when was the last time I saw real wild animals ^_^











I was amazed when I saw the "White Tiger"

White Tiger making his pose ^^

 

Then I entered in the world of "Snakes"





Before I leave the zoo I watched the Splash Safari Show, a very clever sea lion!



I enjoyed this Zoo trip, I get a chance to see those animals up close, rare animals that can only be seen on the wild. A visit here is really worth it, not bad for only SG$20. 

6 comments:

  1. Not really fond of animals, but that zoo just might change my mind. I love the colorful macaws! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singapore made my dream come true of seeing a real Polar Bear....

    1 whole day to see the whole park. nakakapagod pero sobrang SULIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaya ba ng Half day ito? Gusto sana namin Singapore zoo and Jurong Bird Park in just one day. any comments..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. kaya naman, you have to be early lang sa SG Zoo, take note lang na 1 hour & 30 mins yung travel time from zoo to bird park. ^^

    super kapagod yan for sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. try mo sa susunod ung Jurong Birdpark :) andun ung mga Penguins :) and also Underwater World :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very informative article. Your post helped me to have clear insight about the tourist places in Singapore. It helped me to plan my tour well in advance. Can u please update more details on Singapore Zoo Ticket Price

    ReplyDelete