20140803

South Korea 2014: Day 4 - Jeju Air (night at Jeju Island)

June 9, 2014
Day 4 - Jeju Island

Finally we're off to Jeju Island! I'm super excited, we only have two days to explore this beautiful island.

We fly via Jeju Air at Gimpo International Airport:
How to get here:
From Myeongdong Station we get off to Seoul Station.
Take KORAIL from Seoul Station and get off to Gimpo Station.(Gimpo Airport is connected to Gimpo station).

Gimpo International Airport



It only takes 1 hour from Gimpo International Aiport to Jeju International Airport.




Flying with Jeju Air feels like I'm riding a non A/C public bus! I'm not sure if all of their plane is like this, but hell yeah it was really hot! The only thing that interest me is LEE MIN HO's magazine! Lee Min Ho is the current endorser of Jeju Air.




Jeju Air is one of the cheapest airline that flies to Jeju Island, but their online booking is so complicated. I really had a hard time booking at their website, I have no choice but to contact their customer service via email and they do the booking for me. Voila! Jeju here I come.



Welcome to JEJU ISLAND!

Jeju Island formerly Cheju Island, is an island off the southern coast of South Korea, in the Korea Strait, southwest of Jeollanam-do Province, of which it was a part before it became a separate province in 1946, and more recently Korea's first and only Special Autonomous Province. Its capital is Jeju City.












Arriving at Jeju International Airport we head to the information center to ask for bus number that will take us to Jeju-si. We need to ride bus No. 500, it will stop at City Hall where You & I Guesthouse is located.

YOU & I Gueshouse
Address
2 East 1772-10 Ido-dong, Jeju City (08 Gwangyang way 1-2) (690-827) // west of Jeju City Hall, BA

How to go here:
By Taxi: Ask taxi driver to take you to haebaragibunsik (behind Dunkin Donuts)
By Bus: Take bus no. 500, get off to Jeju City Hall




Our double bed room (50,000 KRW per night)



The Common Area/Kitchen/Pantry is located at the basement of this guesthouse.


The guesthouse provides free breakfast: eggs, bread, jams, coffee.

cook your own

The Kitchen

This guesthouse also have "Powder Room" (as what they call it), where you can blow dry your hair and do your vanity thingy.


Free use of washing machine




We just walked within the area near our guesthouse since it's still early and we don't have any plans yet on what to see. It is a bit colder in Jeju, more laid back city compared to Seoul.





Dinner at Hans Deli.




2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm so fascinated with your travelogue! I find your logs on your Korea trip really helpful. I've bookmarked it as a guidance for me to plan my own K-trip =) May I ask though, do you know if there is an express train straight from Incheon airport to Gimpo airport? I searched online and found out there is, but then when I went to check on the AREX website, I could not find it. I'm planning to go straight to Jeju just as we touchdown in Seoul at Incheon airport. Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are correct, you can take the AREX from Incheon Airport going to Gimpo Airport, travel time is 30 minutes. :)

      Delete