20110403

Taiwan 2011 - Day 1

Day 1 , 03.12.11 - Taipei

As early as 7am, after eating breakfast and buying Taipei Pass card, we head off to our first destination.

Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall. This is our first stop, from main station (red line) two stop to CKS Memorial Hall, and from there walking distance to reach the main tourist spot. I was amazed with the old structures of monuments here, while taking some photos I noticed that most of the tourist were oldies, some are locals and some are Japanese. We experienced to see the changing of guards.




CKS Guard

Longshan Temple. From CKS Memorial Hall, we go back to Taipei Main Station (red line), then change to blue line for our second stop "Longshan Temple". Two stations from main station, and walking distance from the MRT. It is a temple, I can smell the incense everywhere, feels like I also smells the same ^^ I can see a lot of offerings from fruits, flowers, foods, etc.  This place is a bit crowded, quiet place for worship. 



Taipei Arena. From Longshan Temple Station (blue line) we go to Fuxing Station and transfer again brown line, only one station for Nanjing Station, from here we walk about 10-15 minutes to reach the arena. Why Taipei Arena? Because of Super Junior! They will held their 3 days Super Show 3 in Taipei from March 11-13, so lucky Taiwanese ELFs. It's their second day of concert, it was 10am when we go here, lots of ELFs everywhere. (I'll make another blog for SS3 Taipei, so I'll cut it here na)



Taipei 101. From Nanjing station(brown line) we transfer to Fuxing station (blue line) and we head off to Taipei City Hall station, there is a free shuttle outside of the city hall going to Taipei 101. First day in Taiwan is a bit cold, a bit foggy, we can't barely see the whole Taipei 101. We took our lunch here, I'm kinda picky of trying their food, we ended eating at KFC at 101's food court.  I ordered a meal which consist of 2 pcs chicken, large fries and large pepsi drink, it cost 145NTD(a very BIG serving). We took some pictures outside the 101, we were both tired due to lack of sleep (imagine sleeping at the airport), we decided not to ascend the "observatory" and just took some photos outside.


Taipei Underground Mall. After Taipei 101, we go back to Main Station. This is what I love the most staying at "Taipei Traveler's Hostel" the LOCATION, because we will always pass at the underground mall. Too bad that I have a tight budget ko and wasn't able to shop :( Now I have a reason to go back to Taiwan. There are lots of cheap buys here from clothes, shoes, accessories, souvenirs and even foods! After some window shop, we head to the hostel and take some power nap ^^
MissTER. This is so funny, on our way to hostel, I'm wondering why there are lots of people outside the K-Mall, we learned that there is a Taiwanese group in there. I'm not familiar to this Taiwanese group, I only knew F4, Fahrenheit and 5566. At first we thought that it was a boy but after uploading these pictures at my facebook account, my Taiwanese friend commented that it was a girl group, oh my so they were dressed and be look like a BOYS! ^^ We were already at the hostel room when I heard them singing and I am about to sleep, their songs was my lullaby ^^

MissTER


Taipei Traveler's Hostel. This hostel is located at K-Mall, 22nd floor is the reception area. I'll have another blog for this hostel, since this is my first time to stay in a hostel.

After taking a power nap, we head off to Taipei Arena again, we really want to watch the concert. But tickets were already sold out! You can only buy tickets at some locals(scalpers), they are selling it triple the original price. We failed to buy tickets, when the concert starts we head to Ximending.
Ximending. From Taipei Arena, we go to Ximen Station (blue line). I love this place, it took away my dissapointment of not getting a ticket. This place is so lively, lots of things to buy here, a lots of things can be done here, and a lots good looking locals too ^^  We were supposed to have dinner at "Modern Toilet", but it was so hard to FIND!!!! We ask some locals, but they don't know how to speak and understand English. We ask some students (1 girl & 2 boys), we says "MODERN TOILET", then the girl replied "YOU WANT TO GO TO THE TOILET?" , I was about to laugh, and we just continue to says "Modern Toilet", we make a sign of eating, and the girl gets it, they even write the name in Taiwanese, draw the directions. Thanks to these guys we were able to find the location, but when we reach the place it was already closed! ~Hahaha~ what an adventure, well mishaps do happen! We ended up eating at T.K.K. Fried Chicken International, I ordered a chicken burger meal, cost 85NTD, their fries is made of sweet potato, it was delicious after all, I enjoyed the meal. 



I can say that it was super safe to stay in Taiwan, it was already past 11pm when we return to ur hostel!

End of day 1, it was a cold night! I love the weather here! According to accuweather March 13 would be sunny!

4 comments:

  1. so asan ang proof ng mga cute taiwanese boys?!pictures pls. yung closeup hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. naku mga girlalush pala mga yan! kaloka itsura ha hehe....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really want to take pictures of Taiwanese guys there, kaya lang nakakahiya hehehe
    Pero promise daming cute dun.

    eve, oo mga girlalu nga, sabi nga namin mga mukhang girls, girls pala talaga :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. korek! ang hirap nga hanapin ng modern toilet.

    ReplyDelete