20110403

Taiwan 2011 - Day 3

Day 3 - 03.14.11

This is my last day in Taipei, time runs so fast yet we got lots of things to do! ^^. After breakfast we also check out form the hostel, so it would be less hassle for us, their check out time is 12noon and we are not sure if we can go back at that time, as I say a lot of things to do on this day!We just left our luggage and began our day tour! ^^

Beitou Hot Spring.
From Taipei Main station, we took the red line going to Beitou station, 12 stops to Beitou, then transfer to pink line going to Xinbeitou station. "Beitou Thermal Valley", "Plum Garden", "Beitou Museum"and "Taipei Public Library" are the tourist spots in this area. Unfortunately Thermal Valley, Museum & Plum Garden were closed during Monday. We ended up touring "Taipei Public Library" and took some pictures on the hot spring creek on our way.

Xinbeitou Station

 Beitou Hot Spring

Beitou Hot Spring

 Beitou Hot Spring

 
Taipei Public Library

Danshui Fisherman's Wharf and Lover's Bridge.
From Xinbeitou station we go to Beitou station and go to Danshui station, this is the last station 6 stops from Beitou. We took the bus red 26 and pay 15NTD. It's kinda far, but the place is worth the travel, it's beautiful, very nice view!





Modern Toilet.
From Danshui we go back to Taipei Main Station (red line) and transfer to blue line and head to Ximen station. We took our lunch at Modern Toilet, I ordered Teriyaki meal and Strawberry Juice. I paid 260NTD, very nice ambiance but I did not enjoy the food. I love the Strawberry juice! We were surprise to our free dessert ice cream that was style like a "poo~poo" ^^

Modern Toilet

 beef teriyaki meal

 Strawberry juice

free ice cream

Guang Hua Electronics Market.
From Ximen Station(blue line) to Zhongxiao Xinsheng station, exit at right (exit 4) . This is another mishap ^^  We had the wrong exit, we ended up to the police station and from there we just asked the "Guang Hua", they help us, even draw the directions and write in the address in Mandarin, how I love these Taiwanese, very very nice! ^^ I bought a laptop here for my sister.  If you're into computers, gadgets, electronics, etc. then this is the place for you, but be sure to check the prices first ^^

Sun-Yat Sen Memorial Hall.
rom Zhongxiao Xinsheng station (blue line) we go to Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall station, 3 stops. Another great structure of monuments here and I've read on forums that if you want to have a good shot of Taipei 101 this is a good place for it. We took some pictures and have some rest at the park, chit chat about Super Junior experiences ^^ So HAEppy :)



Taipei 101 (taken from Sun-Yat Sen)
After Sun Yat-Sen, we go back to Ximending, I'll surely miss this place , we saw a girl drummer performing here, there were 4 Taiwanese that has a banner of "free hugs", they look like college students, I think this is a project or something from school 'coz they even took videos of it. Well we hugged them ^^


We also look for some souvenirs, but failed to buy and ended uo buying MILK TEA that we love so much ^^
milk tea

We leave Ximending around 7pm, we just enjoyed roaming around this place! We head back at Guang Hua(we get the laptop), they installed some applications on it. Then we go back to the Underground Mall to buy some souvenirs, we also buy the "chipay" or the large fried chicken that cost 55NTD, I must say that this is the largest fried chicken I've seen. Then back to our hostel to get our luggage, staffs from Taipei Travelers Hostel were really nice, this girl (staff) even chit chat with us before we left the place, I really really love these Taiwanese! Now time is really running so fast, our flight is 1am, of course we should be at the airport at least 3 hours before the flight, good thing that the bus station was just a short walk from our hostel. At around 9pm we were already at the bus station paid 90TD for the ticket, we depart around 10pm. Bye bye Taipei :(

Taipei Bus Station

I'm gonna miss TAIWAN!
I LOVE TAIWAN!

METRO Taipei.
Very efficient, complete English signs and there's even voice over (in English too), on every stops of the station, tourist friendly indeed! You may use EZ Link card ot Taipei pass, and just tap that every time you use the subway,  very convenient!
Taiwanese.
This is my first time traveling out of the country and what amazes me is that these people were very nice/kind, well discipline, respectful, what more can I say but I truly love them ^^ Like in the MRT, no pushing, they are in line, very well organize even people were busy! I like it, I never seen that kind of thing in the Philippines!
Foods.
My favorite would be the "Milk Tea", very cheap but taste so good! I also like the "chipay", but I would never tried again eating the "Oyster omelet" , one is enough ^^ For some authentic Taiwanese foods, maybe I will try some if I went back to Taiwan ^^ I only tried some at Moder Toilet and I did not enjoyed it much.
Taiwan's Fashion.
I LOVE! Taiwanese are very fashionable! Because the weather is partly cold, I've seen some of them still wearing boots, lots of cuties wearing very fashionable and hip clothings! I also love their stylish hair, the curls, the bangs and spikey spike hairy of some guys! And those fake eyelashes woah it just make me stun! As I say earlier a lot of pretty girls and hotties or cuties in Taiwan!
Weather.
Since Philippines is a tropical country, I do appreciate the weather in Taiwan, experience 13 degrees temperature, almost chilling!!! but still I love it!
Tourist Spots.
Taiwan has a lot to offer! A lot of beautiful places to go, I would definitely come back here!

Taiwan touch my heart ! I LOVE TAIWAN! ♥

7 comments:

  1. di ba mahigpit sa TECO pag ala work at may small business lang?may nadedeny ba?lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. naku lalo kung na-miss ang Taiwan! i so love you kwento from day 1 to 3.... tara balik tayong Taiwan hehe... evelash here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice entry! It made me remember how much I miss Taiwan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @daily male - If complete naman yung requirements mo, I think wala namang magiging problema sa VISA application.

    @eve - thanks! Gusto ko talagang bumalik ng Taiwan! Pero not this year, ubos na ang leave ko :( Next year na lang ako join sa EB ng mga pexers sa Taiwan :P

    @Terry - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. namiss ko tuloy bigla ang taiwan. sana makabalik me next year. buti ka pa sis ang dami mong napasyalan sa 3 days stay mo. hindi ko kasi nasulit yung 6 days trip ko. nasayang pa ang isang araw at umulan at bumaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sinulit talaga namin, first out of the country ko kasi ^_^
      gusto ko din makabalik dito, kaya lang ang mahal ng VISA!

      Delete
  6. first out of the country ko rin yan. kaya medyo nakakalungkot at hindi ako masyadong nakapasyal. sana visa free na rin sila, nho. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete