20110403

Taiwan 2011 - 1st International Trip!!!

Yes!!! It's my first time traveling abroad!!! And for so many countries to chose, I've decided to go to TAIWAN! But why Taiwan??? ^_^  ......Because I want to travel this year and experience to travel solo, another reason is the KOREAN BOY GROUP "SUPER JUNIOR" who will held their three (3) days concert in Taipei ^_^  kekekekeke ~ definitely one of my TOP reason!!!  Timing that there is a seat sale at Cebu Pacific, I booked my flight without knowing that Taiwan has a Visa! Well this is a life of a fan girl ^^

So as early as January 7 I already booked a flight for March 11-15,  it's 3k+ for a round trip ticket. A bit crazy for CebuPac's departure time which is 10:30am and the arrival time to Taiwan is past 12 midnight. And for the return schedule departure from TWN is around 1am. There you go, confirmed booking! Now the VISA!

Taiwan Visa. 
It was February 23 when I applied my visa, the time when there's issues regarding some Taiwanese deported from Philippines. I'm kinda nervous that they will be stricter to issued visas. I personally applied for it,  I went around 11am at TECO(located at RCBC Tower). There are lots of people at that time, it took an hour before my turn and I submitted the following: Taiwan Visa Form (down loadable from TECO site), 2 pcs passport size picture, passport, bank certificate, ITR & payslip, COE, round trip e-ticket, printed e-mail from hotel reservation. TECO is located at 41 flr, Tower 1, RCBC plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati City. The receptionists (at the lobby) were strict when it comes to IDs, it was stated there that should present government IDs such as drivers license, SSS id, PRC id, voter's id. But in my case, I don't have any valid IDs (passport only), because I lost my valid IDs (lost from the holdapers). I still have my SSS card, which my full name and SSS number was indicated, I left that card including my mobile phone at the lobby receptionist. So it's okay if you don't have VALID IDs, as long as you have secondary ID like company id, postal id, nbi clearance, but you have to leave your mobile phone. There you go, within an hour I was called from window 5. The lady asked me if I will travel alone, if I know someone from Taiwan, etc. I have complete requirements after some questions I was done and just wait to be called again for the payment. I paid 2,400php and I was scheduled for February 28 to know if my Visa was approved or denied. For Visa release, schedule time is from 1pm to 4:30pm, I arrived around 3pm and only few people were there. Visa approved!!!! yehey!!! Taiwan here I come!


Weather.
A week before my flight, I check the weather at accuweather, it was slightly cold in Taiwan during early March, the month where in the weather changes from cold to warm and vice versa. When I check a bit warm during my second and third day of stay there. Since it not winter anymore, no need to bring thick jackets.

Money matters.
I checked the rates, reading infos from forums, I learned that it would be less hassle to exchange my money here in Philippines, though there are money changers in Taiwan Airport which is opens 24 hours. I already draft a computed budget for my travel and exchange my PHP to NTD at Czarina at Glorietta 5 branch. Take note that you have to call them for reservations.


Hostel.
I'll be travelling solo with tight budget,so I don't have plans of staying in a Hotel. So I search for a good hostel that was near in MRT Main Station. Reading forums really helps me, thanks to all the PEXers. I booked at Taipei Traveler's Hostel, it is located at K-Mall Taipei, walking distance from Taipei Main Station. Online booking but you have to pay 10% for down payment, upon arrival you must pay the remaining amount. ^^

My flight.
March 11, 20011 Japan Earthquake and hit by Tsunami.
It was already in the news that it is possible that Philippines and Taiwan would be affected by Tsunami. Oh my, why on the day of my travel?? But even with that news, I still go on with my travel, and think that I will stay on the city and no bad things will happen, just PRAY ^^
Even on Facebook I get updates like "Super Junior" concert will be cancelled, that the boys already go back to Korea, etc!
My ELF friend, who will be my companion on this travel (so I not alone after all), contacted me if I will still push through my travel, and I immediately replied "YES", I'll still go on with my travel and see her there ^^ She was on her way to the airport already and I'm still in Bulacan.

I left home around 6pm (from Bulacan), I took the shuttle from Taft to Terminal 3, I only paid 20 pesos. Arriving at NAIA 3 and paid 1,620php for travel tax and terminal fee of 750php, no questions ask at the Immigration Officer.

Then I saw my ELF already at the waiting area of gate 115, and we talk about Super Junior, so funny that it was the first time we met but it feels like we've known each other for so long and just chit chat happily about Super Junior! It was 10pm when we entered the cabin, I remember that my past domestic travels were thru CebuPac, and what I like about CebuPac from my experience that there no delay flights, I'm happy about their service. Now ready to fly fly  to Taiwan!

Taoyuan Airport.
This is what you get from a budget fare, a not so so flight schedule. Arrived at Taiwan around past 12 midnight. I really plan to stay at the airport, according to what I've read in forums you can stay at the airport, the only problem is...... it was not that comfortable to stay or sleep there. If you're used to sleeping in a chair(just by sitting), well maybe it will work on you. I'm ready to stay late at night(I'm used to it), so it's okay for me to stay at the airport!  Good thing that there's free wifi at Taoyuan, at 6am bus stations were already opens, these buses going to Taipei Main Station, we paid 125 NTD for the ticket (one pax). Oh my it was so cold outside and raining a bit, I did not expect this kind of weather :( The travel time from the airport took less than an hour to reach downtown.

Taoyuan Airport

Bus Cashiers


Taipei Main Station.
Before 7am we reach the Main Station, we asked some locals the directions to "K-Mall", our hostel is located near the K-Mall, we want to leave our luggage first, check-in time is 3pm. The two locals/Taiwanese we asked for directions knows English, so communications were easy and we find our hostel too.  I've read at some forums that Taiwanese were kind, and I can say they are really kind!
Our Hostel is near at MRT Main Station, we paid the remaining balance and leave our luggages. Then we had our breakfast at the nearest Mc Donald's , we were so hungry!
We go back to Main Station to buy 3 days unlimited Taipei Pass, since we will stay for 3 whole days! I think this will save some NTD.
Taipei 3 DayPass Card


5 comments:

  1. Kaloka ang kwento parang ako din hahaha! pareho pa tayo ng name ng blog, actually nag-start pa lang ako kaya di ko pa pinopromote hehe... dont worry fangirl din ako girl kaya super kaka-relate din ako dito. I'm glad you enjoy Taiwan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. evelash right? hehehe fan girl ka din pala, i must thank you dami kong nakuhang tips from you, reading ng mga post mo sa PEX ^_^
    I reall enjoyed my stay in Taiwan, hopefully next year makabalik ako dun, I love to stay there! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. haerose

    super entertaining your kwento! heehee! see you over at the PEX travel thread.

    from jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. di mo pa ata na-post tong blog mo sa thread hehe... sarap magbasa hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. hindi ko ba to na post ^^
    hay na miss ko bigla ang Taiwan, sana makabalik ako dun next year! ^_^

    ReplyDelete